Jam today

Had a splendid idea in the night about my old pamphlet project and where I could try it next. Leisurely breakfast with Mum and Mase chatting about stuff and things over coffee, toast and homemade jam made from foraged fruit. Mum had been carbooting, and bought two nice chairs for £5 and was sporting an attractive 25p jumper.

Made my way home, having scored three jars of jam: blackberry, blackberry and apple, and crab apple and the final series of Battlestar Galactica from Mas, about which I texted the Cylon-loving Lorraine on the way home.

Home at lunchtime, to deluge my new pal Matt the conductor/composer with poems to see if he could turn them into music. Felt somewhat guilty afterwards. Maybe I should have sent one or two rather than the thirty. Oh well. Pottered about ineffectually, tending to the aquarium. Calliope scorning her food today to punish me for my overnight absence.

A little magazine in Guernsey called Island Ink came through tonight with a feature about Jane Mosse in it, also a wee story of mine in the back.

Comments