Back up to the Smoke

Bad night's sleep not helped by Calliope gratuitously biting my toes at 5am. Lorraine texted me to say that she had a new buyer for her house as I was zooming, hungover, up to the smoke. This really good news.

Tubed to Euston and then found Pat and the FB's new agency. Felt like old times taking a brief with them, and Lucy, another ex-colleague who I last worked with pitching in Switzerland. They're in a good shop with a pleasant, positive vibe, in a nice part of London.

Spent much of the day brooding on the pitch brief they'd given me, and going to lunch at a pub called the Marquis with the FB and Pat where we all had pies. I had a tasty beef bourguignon one. Great to catch up with Pat and the FB again. Pat making me laugh lots with some big and clever swearing in giving an account of his time in Scotland.

A little brain dead in the afternoon and slipped away at fiveish. Claustrophobic ratrun rush hour tube back down to Victoria then home, needing a revitalising shower. Delighted to see that my fish are all still alive and looking a good deal better. It was well worth crawling home last night to fix them.

Met Lorraine in the Tin Drum for some celebratory drinks, and then to the Japanese restaurant a couple of doors away for some slurpy udon noodles. Before boofing back home and settling onto my gold sofa both very tired. But pretty cheery too, seeing as I'd gone from not being able to get hold of anyone to seeing a dozen or so old friends in the space of two days, and a nice spot of work to be getting on with. All well.

Comments