Busy doing nothing

Lorraine and I waking up feeling wussy and sore throaty. As children have lately been laughing and pointing at me in the street, I decided a hair cut was needed. Shortstrawed and got the piggyfaced obnoxious barber, who was busy bullying their new Saturday lad. But a haircut is a haircut.

Fish recovering from their whitespot ordeal with no fatalities. Meanwhile Calliope's neck is now much less swollen, which is all good.

Lorraine and I, however, have scratchy swollen necks. So we spent a happy night in watching the first Lord of the Rings movie again and eating chocolate, for which I had an uncharacteristic craving. Having seen the films several times, and read the book dozens of times, I find myself observing the sets and costumes, and marvelling at their loveliness and attention to detail.

The next opportunity to wander off into Middle Earth. Comes with The Hobbit movie, which is scheduled for a 2011 release. It will be directed by the Guillermo Del Toro (director of the fab Pan's Labyrinth) with a script by Peter Jackson and Philippa Boyens, so should be a winner.

Comments