Avoiding the wildebeest of temptation

A phone call from my old school friend Shaila today. Lots to catch up on, and we'll see each other soon.

Otherwise a mooching around with Lorraine day, including walking into town to look at the food festival, which was thronging with people in the sun, sending enticing food smells around the lanes. We resisted the temptation to gorge like a jackals on a fallen wildebeest and instead went for a coffee. Lorraine is a good person to talk to when you need to clarify and structure things. So I handily clarified and structured my next couple of months with her over a large cappuccino.

Into the Jubilee Library, of which Brighton is so proud. The only problem, and this a bit of a thorny one, is that it has few books. Managed to borrow a one about cartoons however.

Then off to Lorraine's house. Mark, Beth's boyfriend and I spent much of the evening helping her clear out her loft, and carry things up and down stairs. Left me reflecting that since Monday I have had a long cross country walk, three fairly mild mannered gym sessions, and box carrying. This all helping me to lose weight, which I have done since returning from the new world.

Comments