Sunday morning. Beautiful day again.

Yesterday spent a cheerful few hours lurking in town with Anton happily slipping into music shops and book shops, and stopping at every clothes shop en route. Haul when I returned home was one tee-shirt, a second-hand, pocket-sized edition of Shakespeare sonnets and a some trendy Brighton record featuring Alice Russell, which when Anton and I played it we couldn't work out whether it was to be played at 33 or 45. Sounded rather good at both speeds.

Can't seem to find clothes in my size. In desperation went to a shop called High & Mighty for taller and more corpulent gentlemen but I seem quite a bit too small for everything in there. Sadly a decision had to be made. By mutual agreement it was decided to free Anton to seek fresh challenges as personal clothes shopper, and I have instated Anna and Baby Klauds as on a consultancy basis. They are coming to collect me this morning.

Afternoon spent recovering. Still frustratingly weak and shaky in the afternoon, but enjoyed watching Wales deservedly win Rugby Grand Slam on TV.

In the evening msged the delightful MJ and among other things we discussed the La Gran'mère du Cimétière in Guernsey. I had spent some hours looking for some nice photos I had taken of the "grandmother of the cemetery" to no avail, so I copped one from the internet to use on a web page I was building. The grandmother is a stone figure, a menhir, which sits on the edge of the consecrated ground by the gate leading into St Martin's Parish church in Guernsey, and a short walk from where I used to live.

Used the photo on a story called La Gran'mère, featuring the old girl, which I have added to Sixthfingers site.

Friendliness of Brighton Part II -- a woman called Gabi who is studying psychology, and who lives next door to the guy Tom who I met the other night, called around in the evening with a hello card for me. This was very pleasant -- and makes you very much part of a community.

Comments

Anonymous said…
La Gran Mere is an excellent story...MJ