Disappointed with my output this weekend.

Was put off my stroke by the robbery. However, I recovered my rucksack and fleece from the sports centre today -- minus mobile phone, keys and one or two other bits. But unable to free my bicycle from outside the pool. Phil, the helpful centre manager tried sawing the bike lock with a hacksaw to no avail. Also had the locks changed on the house as a precaution -- as I can't be sure there was nothing with my address on it with the stolen keys.

Saw the boy Bob this morning. Started in the Pagoda Cafe with a pleasantly slimy breakfast, then walked for a couple of hours in Kew Gardens sorting the world out. As we did so, the world got on with having itself a beautiful spring day and the crocus carpet was in full bloom. Bob seemed much cheered having spent a few days cycling in the countryside with his wife.

Otherwise did little of use today. Had a long chat with my mother -- who now is grappling with a new temptation: jigsaws.



Surfed for a bit, thinking about the cover art of Bitches Brew by Miles Davis which I remember my mother bought in 1970 when I was ten or eleven. Read more about the artist Mati Klarwein today -- and a good article about the cover here. Amazing cover. I'd love to have a print of it. It includes with some of the mirror image stuff that Miles Davis often played with too.

I need a holiday I think.

Comments