Cheered by an email today from Andy Duncan in Glasgow, who is a drama student and is doing a piece of mine called Wrong for his drama exam. Apparently the big day is April 1st where it will performed to an audience of about 50. He said his tutors had enjoyed it too. He contacted me after seeing the piece on my sixthfingers site. The Internet has the capacity to bring people together like nothing else.

In the afternoon I went for a walk in Kew Gardens which was beautiful. Banks of daffodils and crocuses, and in the Princess of Wales hothouse dozens of spellbindingly ornate orchids. Read on a note that one orchid grew best in graveyards, and one was collected by a mad Victorian actually still attached to a human skull.

Sat in a cafe feeling more relaxed than I have done for quite a while. Pleased to be out of work, and out of the house. Being in glasshouses sparked off the beginnings of a poem too, which I wrote in my brand new Molskine notebook.

Have a bad back, but the swim I had didn't make it worse. Still investigating how to free my blasted bicycle from outside the pool. Spoke to a man today about hiring an angle grinder and extension leads and other bits and pieces. The whole business drags on. I was let in the pool for free though, which was nice.

Mrs Kenny meanwhile had been to her first physiotherapy session, and returned able to put a little of weight on her foot for the first time which cheered her up.

Back to work tomorrow -- for one day only. Marvellous.



Comments