Just watched an extraordinary film called Atanarjuat, the fast runner on TV. A struggle of good and evil set in Igloolik which is apparently a community of 1200 people located on a small island in the north Baffin region of the Canadian Arctic. A legend about the danger of putting your interests above those of the community.

Went for a swim looking forward to a lengthy shower in hot water afterwards too -- as still rubbing sticks together at home for heat and hot water.

Returned to locker to find it broken into and my rucksack stolen. Fortunately I realised later that I had left my wallet at home, but my mobile phone, keys and all my clothes apart from my ancient trainers were all gone. I'd cycled there and so my bicycle is now firmly locked outside the pool with no means of unlocking it.

Luckily the thieves left me my towel so at least I could dry myself. The people at Brentford Fountain were quite helpful, although I didn't enjoy waddling around the place in trunks as they searched in a futile way for things, till they took mercy on me and found a tee-shirt that was very tight on me, and a pair of bright green tracksuit bottoms. These gave me the look of a partially successful transsexual. Minced home in this get-up in the freezing cold, fetchingly offset by a sodden towel. Particularly pleased there was a traffic jam along most of my route, so afforded bored drivers an enjoyable distraction as I walked over Kew Bridge. I had phoned Mrs Kenny and told her (erroneously) that my wallet had been stolen so she was already cancelling my cards by the time I reached home.

I didn't even get the hot shower... And of course I'd also been carrying my whole get up along with me, razor, deodorants, hair wax, various shampoos and shower gels. I am now left with a toothbrush and a strong aroma of chlorine. D'oh. Then the tedious business next of phoning the police and cancelling phone and so on... And also we have no spare key for the back door so we'll have to get the locksmith in. Grrrr to it all.

And now blogger's frozen so can't even paste this it's actually 12:50 am and a new day awaits.

Comments