Solving the puzzle

Working on the train going up to London, luckily managing to dodge the heavy rain showers.

Once at work I found myself a victim of my own speed and creative alacrity today, having finished the work I was hired to do early, I was released back into the wild till mid next week. Went out for a pint at lunchtime with Karam and Slug and an art director who is about to migrate to the Philippines. Also managed to send off the text for the This pamphlet/card/wee book/ will fall in love with you.

In the evening availed myself of one or two free drinks in the office. Have enjoyed the last couple of weeks in Tavistock Square, and meeting and working with Fernanda - a genuinely creative art director.

Spoke to Bob about Saturday, when Bob, Carl and I are having a long overdue reunion in London. Train ride enlivened by sitting near a young woman ferociously solving a rubric's cube, with her mobile phone as a stopwatch next to her. She was timing herself and regularly solved it in under 20 seconds. An extraordinary sight.

Lorraine out with some of her lady mates tonight, and I revelled in being home at about nine and in the knowledge that I had no commuting to look forward to tomorrow, and am able to get back onto the bazillion bits that have have piled up for me to do in the last few weeks.

Below walked past the statue of Newton outside the British Library this morning. It seemed to loom over me.

Comments