Ice cream Sunday

Having bought my brand new waterproof top, the next day dawned blue and cloudless. Lorraine and I had a slowish start, and then went for a walk in an Indian Summer weather down by the sea. So warm in fact that Lorraine and I were compelled to buy two-scoop cones of Italian ice cream as we wandered by the sea. We also had a nose about on the pretty street in Hove that Rosie is due to move into shortly. Below the Tsunami line though.

Then poor Lorraine went home to write visit reports for her work, and I much more enjoyably, popped in to see Janet and Ken and drink tea and generally shoot the breeze for an hour or two. Janet has to have an MRI scan next week. She is looking forward to a time when she doesn't have some immediate medical thing on the horizon. Home to a relaxed evening with my lovely wife, and making ready for another week working up in London.

I had also cooked a Guernsey bean jar, and this was really tasty and comforting to eat in the evening. Not made one in ages, and I can't think why.

Comments