Home again

A fairly earlish flight back home. Up early to gorge on our Barbarie breakfasts before packing, settling the bill (a very modest bar bill this time) and grabbing a taxi. Lovely morning. Nothing too much to report. Nice flight, descending into Gatwick through tall cotton wool clouds. However many times I leave Guernsey, leaving always makes me feel sad.

Standing on the train back to Brighton, then we walked home in the sunshine, arriving at lunchtime.  Sonya was here, and Pat and Maureen came back shortly after we'd got home. I had to go up to sort out some work-based emails, which made Sonya laugh at me for stepping through the door in my holiday straw hat and sitting down instantly to work.

This done, and a briefing call taken this afternoon, we drove Pat and Maureen off to the station, then slipped back home. I dropped to sleep for a few moments, before Toby FaceTimed me as Mum's journey home was screwed up as the plane was cancelled.  He'd seen her go off through security, but she called him at home saying the plane had been cancelled. I spoke to Robert who was supposed to give Mas a lift to the airport, because Mas wasn't answering his phone. But then Robert said he'd just been talking to him. Poor Mas had a nightmare with the phone and internet being cut off all week, due to the line on the house next door being fixed wrongly.

Felt sorry for Mum having to wait for hours at O'Hare.

A quiet night in watching TV. Quite nice to be home. Calliope following me about constantly. Quite sweet really.

Comments