Katie's farewell to London lunch

Lorraine and I up and off to London, for we were gathering at The City Barge on Strand on the Green. Funny how places keep cropping up in life. The Barge was a local  of mine, in a former life and as we made our way to the river I showed Lorraine places I'd lived in Chiswick.

We were there to celebrate First Matie's departure for Hull where she is going to live for the foreseeable time for reasons of the heart. A gathering of friends in an upstairs room of the Barge, which is a good deal posher than when I lived nearby. A beautiful room looking down on the river, where we spent the afternoon and evening eating and making merry. Attendees were Kate (naturally) and many of her mates, who mostly are my mates too. Matty boy (who seemed to have done most of the organisation as usual) and Isy and the rather cute baby Elsie, The French Bloke and Max, Mel and Craig, Nicola, Sarah and Sylvie, Dan, Ian, Gareth, Stephen, and the lovely Matt Hindley arrived later.

Some speeches were made, much wine was drunk and everyone was hugely warm to Kate. A lovely afternoon, with so many friends to catch up with. Everyone moved around the room and talked to everyone else.  Katie I think chuffed to have so many of her pals there. Also slightly daunted by the move too, but as I said to her, I think you have to go where the love is. Lorraine looking forward to seeing her up north too.

Lorraine and I eventually tore ourselves away, and managed to get home at 1:45 in the morning, having disgraced ourselves with burgers at Victoria Station. Neither of us needed rocking to sleep.

Below forgot to take photos properly again below, and rather randomly, First Matie and Max; Matty boy and Nicola; Sarah and Mel.




Comments