Budapest - scrap of a diary I found in April 2011

Drank too much yesterday. Started off with three gin and tonics in the airport after I'd met Mum and Mason. And continued after that. Mind you the flight wasn't great towards the end so I was happy to have been anethsetised.

I arrived in Heathrow early - too early - and Mum and Mase were late and arrived looking flustered. Budapest is raining and grey so far, but we had a niceish meal in a slightly touristy restaurant called Nostalgia. I left Mum and Mas and went for a walk at night - feeling slightly drunk. I came back to the hotel bar and bought some cigarettes, smoked one and retired.

Have been feeling horribly heartbroken again today. Probably just drunken maudlin. I feel old, sad and unhealthy right now in the middle of the night in a strange town.

Comments