Deer Path - scrap of a diary I found in April 2011

Really tired now. Went for a walk after a fairly nasty breakfast with Mel and Chloe along Navy Pier. Icy wind and quite good views of the city. Returned and Mel and I took a cab out to Deer Path. Getting on well with Mel. Arrived - finally - at Deer Path Inn, which styles itself as English in "Historic Hotels of America" strategically left in the room it says it is modelled after a mid-15th Century Manor House in Chiddinghurst Kent, England.

Each of the Inns guest rooms purports to be named after a National Trust of England site. Mine is called Ormesby -- two big rooms with armchairs and two big tellys. Curious absence of soul however.

Then work. Went to Abbott with Mel and Kristina and prepared for tomorrow's presentation. Client pleased I think. My campaign is going mental.

Back to Deer Path at 4:30ish. Mel went to her room and I decided to go for a walk. Loads of churches, huge houses and virtually nobody to be seen. I picked up some curious looks as I walked about, and a police car slowed down near me. I Deciding to go to sleep I think for a bit. I'm shattered and feeling a bit weird through sleep deprivation.

Comments