Sunday started late, and shortly after I got out of bed Anton, Anna and Klauds came around as I was eating Guernsey Bean Jar for breakfast. My grandfather used to tell me about children running down to the bakery to collect the family Bean Jar wrapped in brown paper on Sunday morning which had been slow cooking in the baker's cooling Saturday night ovens.

Was asked to take Klauds out while Anton and Anna worked on their house. We set off and she was asleep in the push chair before we reached the end of the road and slept like a baby for the next two hours. I went for a long walk down by the seafront. The air very fresh, and it was a beautiful day with warm sun, blue sky and the sea sparkling and darting with little yachts. Everyone looking cheerful in the sun, and here and there the smell of fish and chips, and coffee and later beer warming in the sun.

Suddenly I was overcome with happiness again. Something about the combination of the beautiful day, feeling trusted by Anna and Anton, seeing Klaudia abandoned to sleep, and happy thoughts about Mary Jane all combined to produce a kind of elation.

Back to Anton and Anna's place and I sat about in the sun in their garden for a while and took a photo of Baby Klauds, and Anton made coffee and we all ate pizza left over from last night's midnight homemade pizza fest.

Then a bit of humping things up and down stairs with Anton before their carpet is laid tomorrow, then home.

Spoke to Mary Jane again. We are both counting the days like a pair of teenagers. She makes me feel ridiculously young, and very very happy.

Comments