So back to real time today. Saturday night and I am typing this on Anton's computer and babysitting for Baby Klauds who is, thus far, sleeping like a baby. Poor Anna's grandmother has been seriously ill in the last few days and she and Anton have escaped for a few hours for some down time.

A blurry week since I have been back in the UK. Full of friends who I have wanted to corner and talk to about Mary Jane and my New York trip. Serial debriefings with Mum, Anton, Maddog, Kate & Gavin, Frenchbloke, Tracey, Paul and others.

I am exceedingly happy and am impatiently counting the days till MJ is over here.

Today have been trying to get a grip. Beer badgers, or close allies, have disrupted house and had to spend hours this morning washing up and sorting things out. Body clock is still shot so woke late.

Bumped into Spooner in Trafalgar Street and he and Ali invited me back to his place for tea and biscuits. Later sloped off into The Lord Nelson for a fast drink. Spooner these days confining himself to a large cigar and soft drinks. Met Anton there too. Back to my place and fed Anton a bowl of bean jar which after initial suspicion he seemed to like.

* * *

Easter Party at MJ's was good. Easter Bunny thing was great with kids sugar-rushing outside searching for eggs, while a mixed bag of adults picked at things like cherry winks as the food was themed poor white trash. Unfortunatley Weezer Jnr far to good a cook to carry this off.

Also met W Jr's husband Troy and went for a short walk with him before the party. Both he and Weezer Jnr are artists. Troy also works with recovering addicts too and has many interesting things to say about this and other subjects. Several other guests including MJ's great pal Steven, very dry and funny man. Enjoyed meeting Steph and Maureen too. Friendly and welcoming people. Lodger downstairs, whose useless metal sculture of MJ declaiming her poetry was on show, saw me as a rival and burned me a CD of the 60s pop combo Dave Clarke 5 which when played backwards said "Die Limey".

The next day, heavy steady rain in Long Island. Enjoyed playing intense and involved game of Lord of the Rings on a Gameboy with Jack and generally hanging out.

Later, talked through the night with Mary Jane till a sherbert, driven by a talkative Private Investigator/cabby/international affairs expert collected me at 4:30am. The flight home via Newark excellent and I had two seats to myself. In fact I almost found myself enjoying sprawling in them watching The Incredibles until I realised I had left something very important with Mary Jane in New York.

My heart.

Comments