Moan moan. Unspeakable flu finally passing. Flu is a much devalued term these days, anyone with a bit of a sniff says they have flu. Not quite like the week of raging temperatures and cactus scratchy throat, coughs and nightsweats etc I've just experienced. This punctuated only once by going to see my mortgage advisor (fortunately just around the corner from my current abode) while sweating profusely and feeling delirious. God only knows what I have signed up to, or what she thought of me as I was unable to string two thoughts together and was staring numbly at her with bloodshot eyes for two hours.

Meanwhile the wretched house negotiations drag on. Am paying people money but am not convinced that the move to Brighton is finally in the bag.

Last week's misery compounded by people calling me from work wringing their hands and offering to email me work so I could do it at home. A kind offer I declined.

Bought a boxed set of Twin Peaks yesterday on my first shopping expedition for seven days, was a bargain too at half the listed price. Watched episodes last night and marvelled at the oddness of it all over again. Brilliant.

Feeling isolated, and am looking forward to plunging back into the hurly burly.

Comments