Back at work but still not feeling well. Monday fairly unspeakable. My alarm woke me up at 7:30, and I got out of bed to turn it off. Next thing I knew was my doorbell going at 8:30. Got dressed etc. in four minutes and climbed into cab.

Then futile two hours in cab ride heading out into the country and listening to Afghani driver muttering to himself. After superhuman effort of translation, I discovered he was complaining about me telling him the wrong way to go. As a non-driver I had not offered an opinion, but he plainly felt the traffic and rain was all my fault. Running impossibly late for meeting, phoned the wonderful Paula who was arriving at the client's site. She helpfully explained I wasn't needed there anyway so turned the cab around and headed back to civilisation.

As a break from grinding teeth in cab I phoned up estate agents. After waiting on tenterhooks for a week to hear about my house I find the estate agent hasn't spoken to the vendor about my new bid at all. Dumbfounded, I heard how they are now recommending I wait till I get mortgage valuation before I kick off negotiation. So... still not sure if move to Brighton is on or not.

Otherwise life quiet and restrained. Quietly watch episodes of Twin Peaks on my DVD in the evening. Also saw a mouse in the house and dispatched this poor soul with a mousetrap and a piece of white chocolate.

Feel somewhat isolated and trapped and waiting impatiently to burst into a new phase in my life. Not being creative at the moment, and doing no writing for myself, only churning bits out for work in between fretting about houses. Being a dull boy.

Reading and very much enjoying Madame Bovary. It is amazingly well written.


Comments