Another busy week. Had my old pal Simon turn up unexpectedly this week for a couple of days, which was great. With his wife Lindsey he runs Gairnshiel Lodge in Aberdeenshire, which I have not visited yet. It was quite shocking to realise that it was 25 years ago in October when as two callow youths we met in our first week at Warwick University. Even though we'd not seen each other for a year it always feels like no time at all when we meet up.

Also went out with Paula accidentally after work. She is fantastically good value, especially after a few glasses of wine and when she laughs like a seagull. Got Matty along too when we passed inevitably to the scarfing Thai grub phase of the evening, as Paula is joining his agency.

Last night I lurked into the Dove where I met Matty again and four American pals, Craig, Jeff Sarah and another Sarah who'd flown over to visit Craig. I had a splendid night.

I was in sparkling form. Literally. This due to Andy who sits diagonally opposite me at work suddenly deciding glitter is really important for some concept or other. He tipped glitter on me a few times during the day, and while I was on the phone Alice happened by and began helpfully to smear it on my face. It is amazingly difficult stuff to dislodge. The carpet all over the agency is now glittering too.

House stuff has hit another obstacle as the vendors are now stalling over the completion date. This business can't end a day too soon.

Ah... And I finished Pride and Prejudice. Lovely book.





Comments