Little to report… #1 hobby is still paranoia. However this is abating. Doomy feelings off and on recur, and funny how this makes you notice things like a few groceries costing £6.66.

Boiler stopped working at the beginning of the week and had to wait 4 days for it to be fixed. This forced me to shower after swimming and at work and wash up with boiled kettles of water. Needless to say kettle stopped working after a few days too under the extra strain.

Unbelievable how infuriating this was, and how frustrated it is easy to become over how people are prepared to lie to you about when they are coming to fix the dratted thing.

Talked to a woman about mortgages this week for an hour and a half. This made my head explode. But at least I am becoming clearer on the subject. Otherwise house stuff seems to be progressing as far as I can tell.

Went out several times with various friends during the week. Met Katie, Gavin, Sarah and Fraser in the White Cross in Richmond. Had a nice beer too in Ealing with the delightful Florence and Eddie, some new friends. They had both given up smoking recently so were a bit twitchy. I am so pleased I don’t do that any more.

After guzzling some oysters with Matty boy on Friday night, I had a relaxed weekend travelling up to my Mum’s place. Took a long route through north London going on the 83 bus from Alperton to Kingsbury, which went past my old school and was my school bus as a kid. Amazing how much things have changed. Alperton looks very Indian now. I was astonished to see a beautiful temple being constructed there. It was lovely. And then the new Wembley stadium arch is an impressive new element to the skyline now. Felt nostalgic as the bus passed Copland, on Wembley High Road, my old school.

At my mum’s Mason played me a tape of Le Diner de Cons. Marvellous film. Set up is that a group of friends each bring an idiot to lunch on a Wednesday. The person who brings the best idiot receives a prize. What a fantastic premise.

A pleasant walk this morning with my mum discussing life the universe and everything.

As a footnote to the last entry...Gallingly received a text yesterday from last girlfriend. Deleted it. Bah. I no longer have a heart.

Comments