Felt full of manly vigour today. Had some blood taken first thing then went to work feeling fine.

Saw a fox dead in the gutter on Fulham Palace Road this morning.

In the afternoon went for a meeting in the Cotswolds to see my charity client. Nice meeting. Stopped after in the lovely town of Burford, beautiful old stone fronted buildings. Sat on the sloping main street with Mike, Emma and Penny and 14 wasps. The other three flapping wildly at them, Mike succeeding in batting one incredibly hard with a teaspoon so that it flew like a bullet at a screaming Emma. Another dived into Penny's coffee and she dragged it out and squashed it. We noticed a bulging bottle suspended over the front of the shop with a slop of poison in the bottom, and full of dead or dying wasps.

Felt like I was witnessing a wasp holocaust. But managed to force down two scones with strawberry jam butter and cream.

Negotiations proceed with the property I put the offer in on. At an impasse tonight, but still looking promising.

Phoned my mother who said that Mason had the operation on his eye yesterday which was painful. But at least it's over. Spoke also to Janet who was asking how I was getting on with my move to Brighton.

Tonight I've been packing and getting prepared for Germany. Here I come!

Comments