Rendezvous at the badger

Woke up at six thirty, with Joy next door dragging a wheeley-bin down by the side of the house. Got up at seven thirty, and after breakfast and various cat businesses, made off to the Seaford Station for a flying visit to the Smoke.

On my travels I read a chunk more of 'A sketch of the past' a memoir by Virginia Woolf. Fascinating, and luminous in parts. I find myself making lots of notes in the margin. I have read several of her books and forget just what a brilliant writer she is. She has a way, for example, of inserting the precise name of a plant or tree, that makes a sentence work brilliantly. And at one point used the image of a Cathedral for her childhood. Eventually made it to The Jolly Badger where I met Mum. Had an enjoyable lunch and chat in there. Mum sporting her new sketchers shoes, and we had a conversation, among many others, about premium bonds, as she is an advocate. She said, with some satisfaction, that she made £150 last month.  

A slow journey back home, but I read a bit more, and listened to podcasts on the way back. As Lorraine in Ashford, and me just wanting to stay indoors, I got some fish and chips and then headed home to hang out with cats, and water things in the greenhouse and so on. Also because of the long days, which was sunny today, and a bit windy, the fish pond's level had visibly reduced. I added more water. After another six hour round trip, happy to be at home with two cats, on the gold sofa, watching football.

A few chats with Lorraine, who had a good day with her folks. Bad news is that the stone from the ring I bought her recently, has dropped out. She was upset about this. 

Comments