Gremlins and Hittites

Woke up in Chiswick, and soon found myself downstairs where Matty had kindly made me a cup of tea and some toast. More than arrested by the sight of Gremlin, Matt's bizare long haired cat, which has been shorn with long hair remaining on its head, legs and tail. Also chatted briefly to Isy who is off to the doctor to for hearing tests after a bug has affected her hearing and balance. Surprisingly 50 minutes long journey from Chiswick to North Acton.

At work, Mark, a cheerful and funny Mac designer I have been sitting next to, and I adopting crazed smiles for the day. Mark eventually assembling a collage of mad smiling from others in the agency. Melting away at lunchtime to pick up some Thai grub from Kitty's. All well until bizarrely briefed at 6pm for several radio ads to be ready first thing tomorrow morning, to which my response was somewhat dusty.

Gratefully home listening to the endless The Count of Monte Cristo. As Lorraine was out, and Betty getting ready for a big night out with her pals, I found myself absorbed by an interesting BBC documentary about the warlike Hittite civilisation, about which, until this moment I had known next to nothing. It seems all to have ended badly in civil war, after their pioneering of chariots with centrally mounted axles had help them to kick the antique butts of Egyptians and everyone else who had the misfortune to stand in their way.

Below Gremlin, in all her clipped glory, and Mark in crazily cheerful mode.



Comments