A Chiswick Interlude

Up with the sparrows again and off to North Acton. Work better, though still workin' my nerve. Lovely people though. Worked through lunch, mumbling on a Tesco value sandwich, and had to stay a bit later to write headlines. Reminding me of my old Dell account days, and of Nev my old art director drawing pictures of jerking knees in a complex reference to the client and how they were being managed.

Off in the evening to The Bull's Head on Strand on the Green, which is always excellent as it was for many years my local pub. Here I met First Matie, who was looking fit and cheery, Matty boy and Isy, who is off work as a balance and hearing problem caused by an ear infection means she can't ride horses (she works in a highly rated stables)  and Craig who had recently moved house and had spent the week building IKEA  furniture. Highly enjoyed being among these friends again. Matt, Isy, Kate and I went for a Thai meal in what was a greasy spoon cafe by day. (Funny how many Thai restaurants successfully seed themselves in unlikely places). Matty carefully selecting wines to bring in beforehand. Realised for the 100th time how fond I am of First Matie and Matty and it was great to see them, and get to know the splendid Isy better.

Matt had kindly offered me a place to stay, and we sat in his back garden enjoying a gin and tonic and shooting the breeze before bed.


Comments