Mum in Seaford
Up to Edgware this morning. En route Anton called to say that he'd seen his valve specialist, and there is no doubt he needs the surgery, which now planning for. Later that day, he had to call an ambulance for Anne, who ended up in in A&E for coronary care. Extra stress is the last thing Anton needs. I felt bad that I can't do more to help.
Lorraine busy with Pat and Maureen, and also going off to specialist glazing course this afternoon, but also having to arrange someone to be there to collect Pat this afternoon. Chris did it, kindly.
Arriving at mum' a fairly quick turnaround. We jumped into an Uber to Mill Hill Broadway, and then trained it slowly, but mercifully smoothly, down to Seaford. Mum enjoyed seeing fields of animals, and lots of trees, and the chalk cliffs near Lewes which made her think of Folkestone. And we arrived home at about four. Cups of tea and saying hello to Lorraine. I'd nipped out at Brighton to buy a sandwich as we were hungry.
To the Boot as usual, today with Mum, who really enjoyed meeting everyone, and being part of a lively crowd, chatting to lots of friendly people. She had lots of fun there.
Midway through the evening, I got a call and went outside the pub. Wynford called me to say that Barry, his father, had died this morning. He said he'd prayed that it would not be painful, and his dad had indeed died without pain at home in his nineties.
Mum had told me Barry had not been well, and so I'd texted Wynford earlier. I kept the news from Mum this evening. Wynford such a lovely man, even in this extreme moment he was being thoughtful about how Mum was doing.
Home again, and we watched Traitors, which Mum found understandably mystifying, before we all went to bed. I felt as if it had been a long day.
Comments