A pocket full of kippers

Up early and doing yet more editing on the podcast. Cheery that Lorraine was hopefully coming home today. Steve said that he would drop by this morning, as he was on the way to the fish market in Newhaven. This proved to just a generously sized fish shop, with lots of fresh fish. I contented myself with some kippers, and Steve predated on at least two species of marine life. 

Then we drove up towards the harbour, a few seconds away. I have never seen such rough sea inside a harbour before. The waves were breaking over into the carpark showering hard gobs of seawater on the windscreen.

A short drive afterwards with Sherpa Steve showing me a few local sights, and we ended up in the Plough and Harrow in Littlington, where Lorraine and I went late last year with Rosie, Innis and Gus. Simply had a pint of Long Man bitter there, as it seemed rude not to as the brewery was literally down the road.

Dropped off shortly afterwards, my pocket full of kippers. Finished my editing, called Mum, and got the house straight and cooked in preparation for Mrs Kenny's return. Lorraine home at about twenty past seven. Ken had travelled from Ireland to stay with Pat and Maureen. Selfishly, I loved having my wife home again. We chatted and ate, and sank into the gold sofa, all well in Seaford.

Newhaven harbour from inside Steve's car.




Comments