A glimmer of pep

Slightly more pep in my step today, got off the train at Hassocks and waiting for my connecting Victoria train listened to the birds singing in the fields and gardens nearby. A lovely interlude. Then up to the smoke. Waiting on the westbound platform of the Circle line, the platform man kept repeating, in his unplaceable accent, "Step away from the YOLO line."  which made me laugh somewhat. Finished The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie on the tube. A perfectly-formed little book.

Work not too bad. And got away promptly. Home and Lorraine out at a leaving do for her old boss Chris. Dragging my sorry butt through this week. Nice to simply sit on the sofa and enjoy the guilty pleasure of watching several episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.  Lorraine home late. Looking forward to the weekend when we have time to talk. She played me a message from an excitable Beth, who has just taken her first driving lesson.

Comments