In which Anton is exemplary

A potentially difficult and upsetting day for Anton and Anna, as Anna moved out of their home today, to a lovely place about two minutes away. Any concerns about the children, my Godchildren, were allayed by the enormous care Anna and Anton took to ensure that the children would only have happy memories of the day. Indeed they were excited by the move, and seemed entirely okay with what was happening. Anton and Anna are sharing custody equally. Anton helping to set things up in the new home, and having a family meal in the evening and generally did everything right.

For my part I helped do lots of heavy lifting, and be driven about in a van (with Klaudia and Oskar taking it in turns to squish between me and Anton) collecting a large wardrobe Anna had bought from the street in Hove, and driving up and down the short distance with several transit van loads of stuff and loading and unloading up and down flights of stairs. Really hot day and all this very sweaty and tiring work, especially with a corking hangover from the night before. I think I added to the normalcy of the day for the kids. And I got lots of hugs from Oskar and Klaudia during the day so all well.

Starving, Anton and I paused near Staines to eat some junk food. I opted for a KFC, while Anton had a MuckyDs. Still managed to be very hungry and tired when a I arrived home a few hours later. I was very pleased to be able to help carry things, and add to the normalcy of the day for the kids. And I got lots of hugs from Oskar and Klaudia during the day so all well.

After a greatly needed shower I lay on the sofa recovering from all the physical work, and ate a restorative curry. Lorraine has a new haircut, and more importantly thinks she has found a dress for the wedding.

Comments