Had a brace of drinks with Katie, French Bloke and others. Carried box of stuff to bus stop with Kate and headed for home. She already looking chilled and relaxed not having worked for a few days. Suddenly felt a bit sad as the bus drove off. Realised how much I rely on Katie for emotional support and friendship at work, and have done for years.

Decided to call Martin for a drinks, as I was in a drinking mood. Ended up back home where we played guitars (with me howling too) and drank beers until very late. Great to catch up with him and to jam. Wonder what we’d sound like if we were both sober and able to play?

Woke up with a bit of a headache and feeling somewhat sheepish about the neighbours.

One of those days when I’m suddenly aware of how good some of the people I am working with are. Today seemed to mostly be about congratulating people for excellent ideas. I quite enjoyed this.

Eating sushi at lunch as wretched canteen food no longer acceptable. Went for another swim. This is the third time this week, which is good.

Comments

A brace is two of something... It's basically a really old-fashioned way of saying a set.