Virtuous early start today. No hangover and a stern resolve to do the right thing.

Had a meeting with my boss first thing. He projects an amazingly positive personality, and I always come out from a meeting with him feeling motivated. I've had so many dreadful bosses in my time it feels weird to have one that is someone you would aspire to be like in some ways.

Mrs Kenny emailed me to say that the vacuum flask of tea I prepared for her this morning had a problem. No actual tea bags in it.

Just momentarily revelling in the fantastic view I have from my desk. By some fluke I think my view is the best in the agency. The windows are floor to ceiling and if I turn around in my chair I can see Hammersmith Bridge and the bend in the river. And beside me is a big window that overlooks the Thames and the sun is sparkling on it. Reminds me of when I was a child in Guernsey fishing from the White Rock. Spent hours looking at the sparkle of the sun on the water on warm summer days. Happy days.

As I write this I realise that I am unaccountably happy, must be the sun. This is one of those moments where there is no major crisis going on at work, I'm looking at the river, sipping a cup of green tea and listening to Mary J Blige on my headphones. Of these components a transcendental moment is made.




Comments