Much better mood today despite a raw throat/hypochondria bout. Paula back from her holdiays in Mexico, and a few of us went for Thai food for lunch. She had the memory of sun clinging to her in the English rain. I think I am getting SAD with all the greyness. Like my pal Mad Dog who seasonally adjusts into being Sad Dog in the winter and sits next to bright boxes of light to keep sane.

Reading Mindfulness in plain English by Venerable Henepola Gunaratana today. I want to start meditating again and I came across this book on the web. Seems pretty good.

I've found its usually easier to do it with other people. It sort of amplifies the process, so I may have to hook up with someone soon.

As there is next to nothing happening at the moment judging by this blog I may as well make the most of it!

My brother is flying in from Canada on Thursday. Unfortunately Heathrow airport has been ringed with troops and armed policemen today because of a supposed tip off about a rocket being launched at a plane. My bro is not the best of fliers (like me) so I worry if he's going to twitch all the way across the atlantic.

As for the mysterious summoning of troops, that couldn't possibly be a political move could it? Surely there would be no advantage in stiffening the resolve of the British people by making them feel more under threat all of a sudden? I am so cynical at the moment. The unbelievably shambolic handling of the current situation defies belief.

Comments