I'm staying close to home these days because of Mrs Kenny's broken leg. Have been running around a bit shopping, cooking and so on. But mostly I have been working on AnotherSun -- reducing the immense backlog of correspondence that had accumulated. Feel psychologically much better because of that though. Discovered a great piece sent me by Dr Amitabh Mitra about meeting a holy man in Bhutan -- which should be added to the site very soon.

Listening obsessively to Electric Circus by Common. It has so many musical textures in it for a rap record -- and it has a who's who of top contemporary RnB singers guesting on it: Erika Badu, Jill Scott, Mary J Blige, Bilal and even Prince plays on one track.

Otherwise my blog has turned a bit introspective with nothing astounding to report. Going through one of my bouts of reading children's literature. I guess it is some kind of comfort reflex. Just completing reading the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. The christian allegory went way over my head the first time I read it. But have been reading the scene when Aslan the lion is allowed himself to be killed for the sins of others. And then comes back to life again.

It does give the whole thing a powerful moral resonance. Interesting how Philip Pullman -- author of the His Dark Materials trilogy of children's books -- which I rate greatly, is rather disparaging about CS Lewis. He particularly doesn't like how one of the children in it Susan is banished from heaven in the last book because she has got interested in men and clothes and so on. Loss of innocence is punished in CS Lewis. Pulman's characters actually are allowed to have sexual feelings for one another.






Comments