Sunshine and sauntering

Lorraine zoomed off to the Chelsea Flower Show this morning. I did some recording with Robin, and spent the morning enjoyably writing. 

A gorgeous day for walking. In the afternoon I sauntered around the Eastern edge of Seaford, and back down to the sea. Finishing, as I did so, my audiobook of The Moon and Sixpence by Somerset Maugham which Brian lent me, and I have read about half and half as a paperback, and as an audiobook. A very interesting book in many ways. Loosely based on the life of Gaugin, but the parts based in Paris much more interesting before it went a bit Tahitian.

Home again, and more writing. Lorraine having a great time looking at flowers with Tanya and Guy. I went to meet her at Seaford Station and took the opportunity to drink a pint of American Pale Ale in Steamworks. Lorraine joined me for a half, and showed me several pictures of plants and gardens, particularly hostas and acers.

Below over fields to the chalk cliffs and the sea, a military helicopter and boats and Seaford Head from the beach.




  

Comments