Radishes and calmer minds

Up and writing early again on my own writing -- mainly poetry this morning, I am focusing on one part of one particular manuscript. Because of course, being me, I have two manuscripts in development at the same time. It was also a Podcast day, so there were a few bits and pieces to be done on that. The new episode features Robin's interview with Greta Stoddart, I got a chance to talk about my old pal Richard Fleming too which pleased me. Also Val in Paris got in touch for a cheeky dab of work tomorrow.

Lorraine and I meditated again. This is clearly a good habit to return to. I have not regularly meditated for years, and it is so simple and beneficial, I need to have my brains checked about why I haven't been doing it. Lorraine is liking it too. 

A quick afternoon saunter into glorious Seaford. A lifeboat and helicopter over the sea, and I read later that the turning tide and north wind had rushed two local people out to sea on an inflatable. Within minutes they were mere specs on the horizon. Luckily they were rescued. 

Lorraine had a few bits to buy, and I thought I might experiment with a barbers in Seaford instead of going to see Stacy in Brighton. Instead I had my hair cut by an apprentice, who told me she had been cutting hair for a year. I felt for her as she clearly lacked confidence, and seemed scared to cut anything off,  and having to call in help at one point when the sides went wrong.  It was cheap but I have learned my lesson: Stacy or bust. 

So hooked up with Lorraine in the health food shop, and we went looking in the hardware store. We are  plagued by little black fruit flies, to which we are seeking a solution.

Home and we surged out to do some gardening. Cucumbers being planted out in the glasshouse, courgettes and beans into the last of the raised beds, and other stuff I am losing track of. It is rather exciting, and even some of the things turn into home grown produce that will be very exciting.

Today's produce from the Kenny Agri-Industial complex was radishes. Look at these beauts. Properly strong and crunchy tasting. From the glasshouse straight to the chopping board.








Comments