Boot with Pat and Maureen

The job I had agreed to do with Keith, at short notice yesterday, was bumped today. Was actually quite cheery about this as I am getting into a bit of flow with the writing. Maureen was feeling a bit rubbish this morning, but perked up as the day progressed. Lorraine and I seem to be doing lots all the time, which included Lorraine driving us all out into the countryside to get bags of topsoil which on return I emptied into the last raised bed.

This evening, Lorraine had booked a table in the Old Boot. We all went and met Steve, for some very acceptable pints of beer and strapped on the nosebag. Maureen deciding to be pushed there in her wheelchair, and then levered herself into place at the table. Steve great with Pat and Maureen, who he has met before. 

A few drinks taken. Pat insisting at one point that he normally has five pints, when he goes to the pub -- something he has not done for a while.  Steve really friendly and chatty with Pat and Maureen, and he enjoyed zooming her along in her wheelchair afterwards as we made our way back home. Then I took over, at the station tormenting Maureen now that I had control of her. A cheery interlude, with decent food. I had a beef burger, as a rare red meat treat. 

Below Pat and Maureen and Steve in the Boot.




Comments