So here I am in Long Island, MJ is off at work and Jack & Kate are at school and I have a couple of hours to gather myself.

Lovely to be with MJ, she raced down to Northport station with wet hair to collect me and leapt out of her car, left in the middle of the road, to hug me.

Journey was execrable due to some species of bladder infection which flared up this week. At last I had finally found the one thing that could make flying suck even more. Despite being more than half way through the pills, not much seems to be improving. However is a useful insight for when I am next writing about incontinence at work. I understand toilet mapping like never before.

Considering writing a user's guide to US public conveniences. Under Another Sun's gold award must go to the platform 1 toilet in the Amtrak waiting room at Newark airport station. The waiting room was empty bar me and the man who had elevated toilet cleaning to an art form. He watched with narrowed eyes as I walked into one of them. Wondered if I was worthy of defiling the splendour within. As someone who has cleaned toilets for a living, I doff my imaginary trilby to him.

Penn station bewildering in rush hour, one man walked into me and called me a fag out of the side of his mouth, which made me laugh. Journey fairly easy from there. Passed through stations called Kew Gardens, and enjoyably, Hicksville.

So happy to have reached Mary Jane. There is so much love between us. Jack and Kate seemed happy to see me too. They are very different, Jack really likes hanging out and talking, Kate is what MJ describes as a Diva. She often seems to be on a important mission. Both kids are very bright and I am hoping to get to know them a little better this visit.

Audrey the cat fawning on me and every time MJ and I are together she sits on my lap. Suspicious that she is MJ's familiar, or at least evolving opposable thumbs as it appears she can turn doorknobs too.

Comments