Monday night, and writing this just before I slide off to bed as am feeling unusually tired.

Had a nice Saturday night and Sunday staying with Mum and Mason. Blurted at them about Mary Jane for quite some time, which they took in good heart. Went to Hatfield House again on Sunday for the craft fair. Lots of good work, and things to do and see, and pies to be eaten.

Best of these was the Punch and Judy, which I absolutely love. It is so barbaric. Feeding the baby into a sausage machine, lots of whacking with sticks and so on. And mobs of little kids all shrieking at Punch when the crocodile appeared. Also Morris dancers, which Mason was busy laughing at for skipping about waving their white hankerchiefs in the air. One of the Morris dancers was dressed as a hart, and looming humorously over bystanders.

Sunday was beautiful, with the odd shower. Mason telling me that when his cataracts came on that the thing he most missed was green and trees. We were looking at the grounds of Hatfield House alive with hundreds of verdant hues.

Saw a flight of Spitfires and Hurricanes fly in the distance for the VE celebrations.

Teeth-grinding journey back to Brighton, with a train which stopped at every outpost of civilisation in the South of England. Finally made it back to the twitten and discovered that someone had carefully cut the lily from my front garden which was a tad galling.

Monday fine, although I wanted to slump into a deep sleep by lunchtime. After workign a little later, I bumped into Paul who is now unemployed again after his wretched new company had to lay off half its staff. He was in fairly good spirits despite this.

MJ had been punched in the face by two different kids today at work, which was poor. I suggested getting her punches in first.

Evil Anton sent me a text alluding to the fact that today was Liberation Day in Guernsey. "So I see today's the anniversary of your surrender". I employed photo function of my new phone to send him a picture of me demostrating correct V sign.

Comments