Have had a great time over the last few days. Spent time with comedians this week. Saw my friend Di perform in a venue called Pear Shaped in Fitzrovia. I think I enjoyed myself more than anyone else in the room. There were about a dozen comedians and seven actual audience members. The comedians were busy not laughing at one another, and the audience were assailed by a variety of material (with Di's being rather good I thought). After this I repaired to an unremarkable soho dive with three comedians, which was mildly diverting. They spent time talking about who was good, and who wasn't. Bitching like a bunch of poets. I sloped off in a cab after realising that it was gone one.

Following night went out in town again on an agency jolly. I showily consumed snails and had a lovely chat with a lovely woman who'd just started. We all went to the Comedy Store where there was another night of comedy to be had, with a real audience. After this it was to another soho bar and another taxi home.

Crept into work on Friday and, it being Paula's leaving day, went off for lunch at the Brackenbury french restaurant. Ended up partying from then on till gone midnight. Paula told me the best joke of the week... What's the most dangerous insect in the world? The hepatitis bee.

Went off to see Bridget Jones on Saturday night with a lady. The film was mush but Rene Z was watchable and funny.

Comments