Beaked awake

Woke up at ten past five, just falling asleep again and some infernal bird, a gull or a crow, began beaking at the skylight causing Brian to stand under and miaow. So I got up just after six to make an early start on some my own writing.  

Annoyingly, I was too bleary to think clearly. Later on, however, my brain clicked into some kind of gear and I embarked on some experimental writing, about a thousand words worth.  

Robin and I have been invited by Lou Tondeur to talk to University of Brighton students about Planet Poetry. Paid too... Very flattered. Also offered some freelance, but my enthusiasm for this required an electron microscope to detect.    

Waited for someone to talk to about painting the house, who didn't arrive. Collected some stuff from the pharmacy... Very busy with people queuing outside probably because of the bank holiday. A call from Anton, wondering if there was some time for a game of bones this weekend, and an email from Simon.   

Fish, chips and mushy peas for dinner. Felt like lots.

Happy to have Lorraine arrived later in the evening. Thankfully, Maureen better again today, but is having her meds juggled again. Lorraine also took Pat to the dentist so had a busy day in Ashford.

Below rain-soaked peonies and tulips in the garden.The weather positively balmy later.





Comments