Home and home again

Woke up irritably this morning after stressful dreams. Then looked at my phone and realised after tracking the delivery of my new phone, they were about to deliver it to my old address despite having provided the new one. Gah. Up and sorted this out. Then did things like billing, arranging a dentist visit, writing to my accountant etc. Felt a bit better for doing these small things. 

Then sorting things out in the house with Lorraine. Then Lorraine off to her personal trainer and I made off to Brighton for a haircut. As there was supposed to be a train strike today, but was recently revoked, trains were not running from the Seaford today. 

I jumped on a 12 bus and it took me along the coastal road, through assorted havens and deans till we reached Brighton. Amazing colours over the stormy sea. Khaki with white foam near the shore, then green then steel blue towards the horizon. 

First time in Brighton since the 27th September -- seven weeks. Stacy in a miserable mood, but did me proud, muttering darkly about money laundering when I described the Ashford hairdressers. 

Caught a bus immediately after and came home again. I am going to Brighton again on Thursday all being well to drink beers with Anton. There are three 12 busses that go from Seaford to Brighton. 12A -- which as Robin told me, means 12 avoid. The 12 itself, which is what I caught today, which takes about 55 minutes, and the fabled 12x which is the faster one that does it forty minutes or so. 

Good news was that it felt like home in Brighton, but I felt a strange elation getting off the bus in Seaford. Both felt like home.

Arrived just after Lorraine, who had gone to see her personal trainer, and then bought some plants and other bits and a new cat litter tray. 

We then did some excellent clearing, helped by me moving stuff into the loft. 

Chatting with Mum, she and Mas are happy with their new TV which is good.

Lorraine -- having found her music books -- playing happily on her new piano and a snap from the bus.














Comments