Meeting Mari

A day of chats. Glorying in the comfort of my own bed this morning, with no ordeals ahead. A low-impact morning doing a smidgeon of work, chatting to Mum on FaceTime, Mas still needing help getting dressed after his fall. Then chatting with Beth before she left to chaperone a child to an audition in London.

Really mixed weather, in a sunny spell this afternoon I saw Janet and Ken for afternoon tea, and a another chat. I took Janet some anemones as these are her favourite, and I found her outside talking to her Tibetan gardener who has been working to great effect in the little front garden. Janet said he'd done some work on the house next door and was itching to get his hands on her fig tree.  Cue Frankie Howerd Face...

Also chatted to Ken about my French trip, and telling him I wish I'd had his facility for languages. Janet has radiotherapy starting tomorrow, a course that will be complete in a few weeks. While at Janet and Ken I managed to catch up with First Matie, who will be at Graeme's funeral tomorrow in Hartlepool. A sad business.

In the evening I strolled downhill to The Shakey Head to meet Mari, who Anton has known off and on since they were both about twenty. And Lorraine who arrived moments after me. Mari lives in Chicago, apparently not to far from where Toby and Romy were living. Lorriane and I both warmed to Mari, who coped well with the sausage mash and beer diet. She seems to cope well with Anton too. Simply a really nice night, although I did consume a good deal of lager. I am catching Lorraine's end of termishness.

Below Mari and Anton in the Shakey.


Comments