Loin girding

If in doubt tidy up. Went through my desk and thew lots of stuff away, and generally girding my loins for the trip to Paris tomorrow. Google Maps is amazing. I was able to find my way to the hotel from Gare du Nord virtually skipping along the streets. Hope the non-virtual Peter Kenny finds it as easy tomorrow. Little of any consequence to report. Betty on the sofa with a cold, Lorraine writing an interminable report about a school from home this afternoon. I stood in the garden for a few minutes from time to time, sometimes with Lorraine.

Chatted to Matty boy to tell him I was not going to go to Graeme's funeral in Hartlepool at 12:30 this Friday. I wish I was able to be there for Katie and Matt but the logistics were horrendous. Matt doing quite well, and he and Craig helped amazingly with the organisation of the funeral. All such a sad business.

Lorraine working this evening, and I watched a documentary about exoplanets, and how there are 'hot Jupiters' in other galaxies much closer to the sun, and that planets are not always fixed in their orbits and can wander about. Apparently our solar system is unusually configured. Also snickered at an episode of Vic and Bob's new sitcom House of Fools, in which the plot revolved around the fact there was no plot.

Comments