DItto

Lorraine and I both rubbish again today. This is a gloves-off flu that has wiped us both out. Mark, our next door neighbour phoned Lorraine to see if there was anything we wanted, which was kind. Otherwise, watched the TV most of the day. Hard to find anything of interest.

Instead we watched The Color Purple on DVD, which is one of my favourite films, and always makes me cry.  Whoopi Goldberg is fantastic in the film, although it is emotionally manipulative in the patent Spielberg way, I still love it.

Comments

Kate said…
Sorry to hear you've both been in the wars. Boo to rubbish flu, especially at Christmas, hope you feel better soon. The Color Purple always makes me bawl like a baby at the end. Great film! x
Peter Kenny said…
Thanks Katie - seems like you had a top Christmas!

It's the bit where the two sisters are being torn from each other that starts me off.

P x
Amanda said…
Shame you had a rubbish Christmas Peter. I also managed to get a head cold and bronchitis while in Melbourne where the temperature went from 30 to 42C. Now back in mire temperate Auckland and feeling better.