The toad work squatting on my life again today.

Grey and coldish in London, but I had to go into the agency for several hours. Andy and I trying to make some headway. Enlivened by Aimee who's in Dubai (on what is a workday out there) sending me a link to her new blog. I'll put in the link here tomorrow. She writes really well.

Mrs Kenny sent me a link to a fabulous site Weebl gets pie which (oddly enough) is about pies. Which is a subject dear to my heart as I went through a piemaking craze last year, quickly proclaiming myself the king of pies. The crazy animations on this site are inspired lunacy. Well worth a visit.

Had a good Saturday though. Went for a swim then met up with Anton and Brian in Soho where we had a few halves outside the French Bar and then off to wagamas for noodles. Anton had been mincing about in Paul Smith looking for a suit for his wedding. Brian had flown in from Dublin that morning to be a second opinion. Had a great time with the boys.

Then in the evening went with Mrs Kenny to a dinner party held by an old University friend of Mrs K's called Sarah, who is now a barrister, with one of her legal eagle mates there and his wife. An interesting and enjoyable evening as I know little about the law other than having read Bleak House, and having known a clerk to the lord chief justice. Ted was an excellent man and he showed me around the Old Bailey one day. I'd failed my A levels and he got me an interview, which I also failed, for a job. It all seemed to me at the time artificial and anachronistic. Felt horrible about it too, as he died about two weeks after this.

Hey ho. Going to watch futurama on TV now. I love that show.

Comments