No blogs lately due to Andy and me being in an unspeakable work frenzy, a very late night and a debilitating cold. I presented our hastily assembled work on Friday to a client who insists on having other agencies sitting around when you do so -- which ups the twitching somewhat. However, I managed to introduce a Heidegger quote into my opening remarks which made me feel big and clever anyway. Seemed to go well, and Steve, heavily pregnant Cait and I were quite cheery in the cab heading back, as opposed to the slightly funereal outward journey.

Hung about in the agency feeling altogethery with everyone, especially after a few beers.

Saturday I cycled off and bought some marvellous Cornish pasties for Mrs Kenny as a kind of elevenses, and then collected new reading specs. Felt sorry for a 12 year old girl who burst out of the testing room in tears as she had just been told she was short sighted. A diverse collection of four-eyed geeks clustered around her assuring her that specs were actually v cool these days, which only seemed to make it worse.

Otherwise have just lain low, struggling with cold. Maddog came over Sunday morning and I creaked around Kew Gardens with him. I'll really miss our regular walks around Kew Gardens when I move to Brighton. MD wrestling with his job options as we saw a golden pheasant, looked at the purple flowers of the Judas tree and a sculpture so on. MD with new camera getting unreasonably enraged with people walking into his shot.

Home and slugged all afternoon, with barely enough energy to irritate Mrs Kenny who got sucked into watching the Eastenders omnibuses all afternoon. I would rather eat a cactus. Instead, I spoke to Mum who told me that she had got unwillingly involved in the private life of robins in her back garden. This has led her to having to extract two dead chicks from a robin's nest with a pair of tweezers. Everyone needs a hobby I suppose. Meanwhile Toby and Romy are okay in Toronto -- and I got a chilled out email from Toby about the Sars outbreak there.

Must go to bed right now...

Comments