Finally a chance to catch up. Very preoccupied with work in the last week, and had to go in yesterday too. Which makes this blog a bit tedious though... I can't really go into what is happening other than tales of trying clients and a deluge of work. Dull reading...

Some respite was provided by going into Soho on Wednesday to work on a TV ad. It was an "adapt" -- overseeing the recording of a few voice overs and then off to another suite to add phone numbers and so on to the ad. You find yourself having earnest discussions about whether a telephone number should appear at 19 seconds or 20 seconds. This is my televisual legacy... A lost second of a telephone number on a tv ad. Fortunately "the client" who was with us, was actually really nice -- and we took her to wagamamas in Lexington street. Tried to be charming etc. but still cringing internally from my remembrance of talking to her one night and she asking me how old she was. I said 40 instantly. I guess she's about 35 so my statement obviously went down like a cup of warm sick. I just don't understand how this happened. I'm usually so good with women.

Today I have to do some stuff on my site, think about work, clean my aquarium, and work on my best man's speech. Went with Mrs Kenny to Sainsbury's for the first time in ages, now she is able to drive again. There must be something a bit peculiar about me because I love shopping for food. I had quite a few years of scraping by on next to no cash, so I still get a buzz from being able to not worry about what I buy in the supermarket.

Had a good night with Young Nick who was down from Manchester and we went to the pub to brainstorm our speeches and this helped a good deal.

Andy's partner Ali is going to have a baby tomorrow -- an elective caesarian. I met her on Friday, and she and Andy look so perfect together it's quite astonishing. Typical of an art director to hook up with someone that completely complements him aesthetically.

While another friend's wife is also pregnant -- they've had to use a sperm donor. Complex emotional area in the last case for my friend which demanded a few beers and a chat on Friday night.

Meanwhile I have restarted swimming again -- and have been three times this week. Went early on Thursday morning when it was very empty. I was treated to the sight of a woman in the communal showers soaping herself with the top of her swimsuit down. She glared at me as if it were my fault when I surprised her, which wasn't exactly fair.

I have done a little cycling too, so I am feeling marginally less unfit than of late. I have invested in a cycling helmet too, which is of course sensible, but looks somewhat uncool. Paul at work has worked with people suffering from brain damage so takes it upon himself to hector people about helmets. It worked.

Comments