Reading writing and digging

Zooming about the house in a tidy up this morning. Lorraine then off to school to pick up a wheelbarrow, and then go to meet her pal Penny for a stroll around some gardens.

This gave me the opportunity to do some thinking and planning of my own. Although this is tempting fate, I have a clear plan at the moment. This includes self-publishing the children's book as a kindle thing, having read the highly-practical Going Digital, which has transformed how I think about these things. I am also pushing on with my horror story, Nothing Compares To You. Also finished reading H.P. Lovecraft's Supernatural Horror in Literature, and read  a horror story by E. Nesbit, who wrote the Railway Children, and children's classics like The Phoenix and the Carpet, The Story of the Amulet and Five Children and It, which I loved as a kid. Turns out she was a dab hand at a bit of horror too.

Lorraine home at tea time, and we then started our big garden plan. Part of this demands digging up the lawn, which we set about for an hour or so.  A bit of spadework,  but it was a good thing to do.

Then we watched the movie of American Psycho, which was quite interesting. I had read the novel, or half of the novel until I stopped through boredom. It is a great satire of vacuous materialism and narcissism, but is also tiresome. The film was fine though.  Also found ourselves binge watching a series called After Life, starring Ricky Gervais. Surprisingly good.

Comments