Guernsey in Steyning

Woke up not feeling sure about the cobbles and pebbles this morning. It all looked a bit busy, but Lorraine and I decided to let it lie for a day. Partly to give our bodies a rest too, after days of carrying heavy things. Lorraine did a bit of school work, and I did some writing.

In the evening off to Steyning to see Dawn. Lorraine cooked an upside down cake for pudding. Had a lovely evening with Dawn, sitting outside the back of her house in the field looking up at the Downs round a little fire, with a full moon in the sky.  I found it very relaxing as usual, drinking a bit of beer and tucking into a fisherman's pie. Looked at the picture that Dawn had found a while ago, and liked as it reminded her of Cornwall. Lorraine had been over there recently and spotted it -- it is a picture of  Guernsey cliffs with the the Dog and Lion from above Saints Bay. I snapped it, as it made me feel homesick. So strange that Dawn has this.


Comments