Road block

A spot of variety working with Sophie on some PR material for a Channel 4 series called Top Boy, which had in its first series music by Brian Eno, and when I watched some of it was struck right away by the beautiful camera work and freshness of the acting. I had a thick head this morning, and I spent all day feeling very hot up in the home office. I was overcomplicating things a little, I think, however it was interesting to be working on something entirely different.

In the evening collected by Lorriane where we did some emergency shopping, and then went straight away off to The Basketmakers where we met Matt, Ruth, Anton and Irish Tom. Incredibly crowded with lots of non-regulars blocking the streets between The Basketmakers and The Eagle and having the bar staff muttering somewhat as they dropped glasses in the street and pulled pub stools out to sit on.

Everyone a bit shattered at the end of this hot week, although it was suprisingly good fun to sluice down yet more cold beer. Fond farewells with Ruth who is back up to Edinburgh after her mini-break in Brighton. L and I really like her spontaneity and friendliness.

Home and very gratefully boofing into bed.

Below a shot Ruth took of me and Matt using Matt's smart new smartphone.


Comments