Crow in the sunshine

Another day kicking my heels waiting for a brief. Lorraine took the car in for a service and had to wait hours, but luckily had her computer with her. I wrote more of the horror story, and then went at lunchtime for an hour and a half of a walk and around Hollingbury Hill and the golf course. Unnaturally warm and sunny day, and the  crows looking shiny black.

As I walked, I listened to the start of a Under the Skin, by Michel Faber, of which a good film was made that Lorraine and I saw starring Scarlett Johansson. The book (horror inflected naturally) is different, but interesting.

Home and did more work on the horror story. Later in the evening an email saying I would be briefed first thing tomorrow morning, but on a different job. So it goes.

Lorraine finally released from an expensive garage visit (new rear brake bits) sat happily on the sofa watching The Great British Sewing Bee. I read another story by Thomas Ligotti.

Below sunny vistas, the sea sparkling, and a crow.





Comments